Young Clerks

Monday, September 1, 2014

Maybelline Color Whisper Swatches and Review

Next up in my swatch fest are the Maybelline Color Whispers.  These lipsticks are Maybelline's answer to Revlon's Lip Butters, as they are a sheer, balm-like product.

Cost:  ~$7.50, but I've only ever bought them on sale.
Packaging:  Nothing special, I do like that they're pretty small.
Consistency:  Smooth and Balm-like.  Similar to the Maybelline Baby Lips, which isn't surprising.
Pigmentation:  Sheer to Medium coverage. 
Staying Power:  This product stays on my lips for about 4 hours, which is about the average for drugstore lipsticks.
Shade Range:  10 shades available.  Nothing too unique, but a decent range for just 10 lipsticks.

L to R:  Coral Ambition, Oh La Lilac, Cherry On Top, and Plum Prospect


Coral Ambition
Oh La Lilac
Cherry On Top
Plum Prospect

(35) Coral Ambition is a nice satin-y coral/nude.  It's very easy to wear and not too bright.  The lipstick has a smooth consistency, but can catch on dry patches.
(90) Oh La Lilac is (obviously) a soft lilac color.  I really do like this color and I think that it's unique, but of the four shades I own, this one's the most patchy.  I tend to wear this lipstick as a stain, just by spreading on a small amount of the shade with my finger.
(50) Cherry On Top is actually my favorite shade in this range.  The color is smooth and creamy and incredibly easy to wear.  I shy away from pinks, but this is just subtle enough to not scare me away.  I will say, the name of the product doesn't make total sense.  Cherries are red.
(100) Plum Prospect is just Cherry On Top with a little extrablue mixed in.  A bit of a disappointment really.  I was looking for a purple.  The packaging is purple.  It's pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment