Young Clerks

Friday, August 15, 2014

NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick Reviews and Swatches

Today I'll be going over my collection of NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipsticks.  In this formula alone, NYX currently offers 108 shade options.  That's a lot of lipstick.  I know that I'll be grabbing a fair few more, but I definitely don't feel guilty.  You want to know why?  They only cost 4 dollars.  And considering the fact that they're often BOGO Half-Off, I can get 11 for less than the price of the average "high end" lipstick.  This comforts me.

Here's the tube:
Pretty standard, but relatively sleek for a drugstore lipstick.  Just an FYI though, the letters start to peel off of the tube in a matter of minutes.



1.  Milan is described as a "dark pink-brown."  I definitely wouldn't describe it as dark, I actually find it to be very soft.  Nudes really aren't my thing, I'd rather opt for a brown-based neutral, and Milan is great for that.
2. Lala is described as a "mauve plum."  At first glance, this color doesn't look very wild, but it always makes me feel like a bad-ass when I wear it.  Most of the swatches I found before buying this shade were against dark skin and the color looked closer to a MLBB shade.  On pale skin, it's much bolder, but still very pretty.
3.  B52 is described as a "soft-mauve pink."  I wear this color a lot.  I found it on my quest for the perfect brown and, while this wasn't exactly what I was looking for, I really like it.  It looks like what you would get if you mixed Milan and Cocoa.
4. Cocoa is described as a "rich mauve."  Cocoa was my second purchase in the brown quest and is much closer to what I'd envisioned.  I really love this shade.  Like with Lala, this shade makes me feel cooler than I actually am.  Like a grown-up goth or a really sophisticated witch.  I'm still looking for a good "milk chocolate" shade, so if you have any suggestions... ?
5.  Castle is described as a "shimmery soft plum."  Listen.  I am not regularly a fan of a pearl or shimmer finish.  I think they look very dated and not very flattering.  That said, I absolutely love Castle.  For some reason, my rules with shimmer don't seem to apply with purple, because this shade looks so cool.  Very cyber-punk.
6 & 7.  Margarita is described as a "shimmery coral" and Shiva is described as a "blue toned fuchsia."  I got them both in beauty boxes from Hautelook and I hate them.  They're very shimmery in real life and super dated.  The opacity and texture is great, but the shades are not my style.

Every single one of these lipsticks is creamy and smooth and has a fantastic opacity.  Because of their consistency, these colors are also very easily sheered out by just using a small amount and spreading it out.  They're kind of your standard tube lipstick.  No cutesy packaging, no weird scents, just a great shade range and solid formula.  It's taking all of my willpower to not go and order even more.  I'm a danger to myself and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment