Young Clerks

Friday, August 29, 2014

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter Review and Swatches

Today, I'll be giving a quick review and showing you some swatches of my Revlon Lip Butters.  At this point, I have 7 of the available 20 shades.

Cost:  On average, I see these lipsticks being sold for ~7 dollars.  In my opinion, this is a bit high for a drugstore lipstick.
Packaging:  These lipsticks look beautiful.  There's no denying that.  The packaging is sleek and sturdy and they have a nice weight to them.  The only downside I've noticed is that after a few weeks of use, the actual tube of product twists a bit and no longer aligns with the package.  This is a little annoying, but not a deal breaker.
Consistency:  The lipstick is VERY soft.  This is a very smooth and conditioning product with a gel-like feel and glossy finish.
Pigmentation:  If you want a bold and pigmented lip color, this probably isn't what you're looking for.  The pay-off isn't terrible, but this is more of a sheer gel formula.
Staying Power:  Because the lipstick is so soft, the color doesn't last very long.  I find myself reapplying pretty often.
Shade Range:  Not incredibly diverse or expansive, but there are some beautiful and unique options.

Here are the shades I own:
L to R: 001 Pink Truffle, 027 Juicy Papaya, 050 Berry Smoothie, 085 Sugar Plum, 070 Cherry Tart, 010 Raspberry Pie, and 040 Red Velvet
---
 Pink Truffle
Juicy Papaya
Berry Smoothie
Sugar Plum
Cherry Tart
Rapberry Pie
Red Velvet

---

Now for some swatches:


(001) Pink Truffle is a great everyday color.  I'd describe it as a brownish pink.  Very, very subtle shimmer.  I can see this working on a lot of different skin tones.
(027) Juicy Papaya is a nice summer color.  It's one of the sheerer colors I have, but as someone who shies away from orangey shades, I appreciate that.  Just don't think you're getting the bright orange you see in the tube.
(050) Berry Smoothie is the first shade I bought from this range and I found it a bit disappointing.  It's very sheer and has a bit more shimmer to it than I had hoped for.
(085) Sugar Plum would not photograph for me.  I would describe it as a mauve/plum shade and it's just not showing up.  It's a bit softer and creamier in reality and a really lovely shade.
(070) Cherry Tart is a perfect "starter red."  If you're looking to start wearing red, but are new to lipstick or just new to brighter shades, try this color out!  It's subtle and wearable and a really nice true-red.
(010) Raspberry Pie is my kind of pink.  It's a glossy, dark, blue-based pink and is incredibly flattering and soft.
(040) Red Velvet is what I'd call a muted 90's red.  It's a nice warm brown-red with a light gloss.  This color would be perfect for the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment